"Lesson on bunkers/resistance is sparked from two different passages:
- “I thought of my mother climbing out of the bunker and not finding me in the house.”
- “It occurred to me that I could did my own bunker there; no one should be coming around to check this place for at least another month.”
Students will be able to:
- Analyze a photograph to gain a greater understanding of bunkers and Jewish Resistance.
- Recall the events of the Warsaw uprising.
- Use testimony to discuss the type of emotions people may have experience while hiding in the bunkers and participating in resistance movements.
- Reflect on Alicia: My Story in regards to survival, resistance, and underground bunkers.