Tarpon Springs, Greek community, Philoptochos with Father Karaphillis at Hope Street groundbreaking
Members of Philoptochos pose with Father Karaphillis in 1940 at the groundbreaking for the Philoptochos building that was erected on Hope Street and completed in 1942. Members of the group are, front row, Maria Miaoulis, Father Theophilos Karaphillis, Assimina Velousis; second row, Paraskevi Christou, unidentified, unidentified, Stamatia Tsalichis, third row, Katina Krouskos, Eleni Psaras, and Irene Diamantes. The little girl in the lower right-hand corner is Evelyn Miaoulis Bilirakis.
Nick and Betty Krouskos
“Philoptochos groundbreaking,” USF Library Special & Digital Collections Exhibits, accessed January 27, 2020, http://exhibits.lib.usf.edu/items/show/2907.